Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Nightcrawler


Nightcrawler, Blue pencil on Strathmore semi-smooth bristol, 11x17", 2009.

Well this took longer than necessary to finish. but at least it's done. I tried out this new semi-smooth bristol board from Strathmore for this piece. I found it a little difficult to get used to at first because if you mess up a line or change your mind about something, there is no erasing it. I found myself using a lighter touch with it, which is fine, and I like the overall effect it gave to the final drawing. I guess the next test is trying out some ink pens and markers on it. Apparantly this is the same paper that Marvel gives it's artist to draw up their pages.
Next up on the list is Dr. DOOM.

2 comments:

Neil said...

BAMF! Looks good.

K. Feigenbaum said...

I really like this one.