Monday, June 30, 2008

Gallery Show in Connecticut


The Cap'n, Acrylic gouache on cradled Gessobord, 8x8".

While I was at Heroes Con this year, I got a wonderful offer to submit a piece of art relating to super heroes to a gallery in Connecticut. I ended up submitting the Cap painting above along with the pencil drawing of Medusa that I did earlier this month. The exhibition is entitled Identity Theft: Reinventing the Comic Hero and it is being held at the Guildford Art Center in Guilford, CT. The opening reception is July 11th from 5 - 9pm. The exhibition will be on display from July 11 till Aug. 14. I included a link that has more info about the event. From what I've seen of the pieces that were sent to me through email, this show is going to be awesome. Wish there was a way I could get up there to see the show, but I can't get off from work. Anyway, a big thank you goes out to Chris Uminga and Matt Fletcher for the opportunity to show my stuff out there.

2 comments:

K. Feigenbaum said...

Too bad you can't spell, either. That's probably why you hide behind that cloak of anonymity. How convenient. Why's it called the "Moon"?


Nice job, Billy.

Anonymous said...

Hey Billy your stuff is looking great. I had co worker go to the charlotte con. Hope things are going well for you.